Assessment of Strategy and Execution for 18 Companies
Developing Automated Driving Systems
The latest “Navigant Research Leaderboard Report: Automated Driving” shows that Automated Car Manufactures is being led by Ford.
“Automated driving is increasingly being considered the key technology to address societal problems caused by the proliferation of automobiles around the world. These include traffic congestion, injuries, and fatalities caused by crashes and air quality. The development of automated driving has been ongoing since at least the 1950s. However, it has accelerated in the last decade, enabled by advancements in computational architectures and sensing technology, along with dramatic cost reductions. These advancements, combined with vehicle electrification and ubiquitous connectivity, are enabling automated driving to rapidly become viable.”
In order of their rankings for strategy and execution – are:
- Renault-Nissan Alliance
- Volkswagen Group
- Hyundai Motor Group
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are the top 18 companies developing integrated automated driving systems?
- Which of these companies rank the highest in terms of strategy?
- Which of these companies rank the highest in terms of execution?
- Which companies are currently leading the emerging market for automated driving systems?
- Which companies are best positioned to take the lead in automated driving?
- What factors separate the Leaders from the Contenders and Challengers in the market for automated
The report can be found on the Navigant Research Website here.